Sunday, October 17, 2010

Woman Overboard!


My kind captain, Rebecca, has taken so kindly in rescuing me hide from a-drowning.
Now I be part of The Scribblers Cove. It be a grand paradise here doing nothing more than sipping coconut milk and counting them screamin’ gulls.
Really?
Well, nearly akin to it. I’m thrilled to be a part of such a dynamic group of wonderful friend writers—my kinda people.
Hi, my name is Elizabeth Mueller, I am an award-winning aspiring author and I love to write.
I write clean reads in the high fantasy, contemporary, paranormal and historical genres. My target audience is young adults with a potential crossover for adults. I’ve also written children’s picture books. All unpublished, but for a few poems.
I’ve started writing poetry in 4th grade, short stories in 6th, and both in high school. It wasn’t until I was 17 that I started and completed my first epic fantasy novel ten years later.
I’ve finished 7 more novels since and am currently working on Rock Star edits like crazy (I’ll post on that another time). I’m on chapter 8. It’s slow-going with my 4 kidlets running amuck, but I manage while they are in school and in bed.
Whew!
Rock star Moggie suffers a tragic loss and falls in love with Beth who is dying of cancer, but she feels love with him isn’t possible and pushes him away.
That’s my elevator spiel for now. I know it’ll get better once I put more thought into it.
What are you working on—can you sum it up in one sentence?
P.S. It’s nice meeting you!

16 comments:

  1. Welcome, Elizabeth! Yer a fine addition to the crew!

    As for your question, I'm getting ready to submit Earthcrosser, a story of a boy caught up in an international crisis when he tries to help a fugitive scientist save the earth from an incoming asteroid--after the world has already been devastated by global bio-nuclear war.

    Whew! Was that one sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Great job with your one-sentencer.

    I've often thought of your story. I love it!

    I can't wait to see you published! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one sentence pitch is so hard! But I find it gets easier the closer I am to finishing the story.

    Here's my one sentence (approx): Although everyone now reads minds, sixteen-year-old Kira Moore can't and never will. When she almost kills her best friend by accident, she discovers she can control the minds of others and is torn between passing for normal and exposing the hidden pushers of her world.

    Good luck on your edits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, wow, that sounds like a great book! I can't wait to read it! <3

    Hi, Alex, and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story sounds awesome Elizabeth! :) Here's my pitch. I can't get it down to a one sentence one yet...;)

    Being a fairy godmother would be a piece of cake - if you are a girl. Forced to grant three wishes to a troubled human girl before he can graduate, Ash tries to get his assignment over with as fast as possible - not expecting to fall in love in the process.

    I'll have to work on my one line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, you know I'm looking forward to test-reading your book. Yours too, Elizabeth!

    And wow, Chantele! That is a GREAT premise. I want to read that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo pitches. Do I get to write one?.. ok, I will.

    Leanne, princess and heir to the throne of Trough knows that every year, one person must be chosen to sacrifice themselves to the monster threatening her land, but she never expects her parents to choose her best friend Trunker.

    Yes, I actually finished writing this book. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, welcome aboard! My one line pitch? Well it officially stinks. So I'll give you my two line pitch for my paranormal romance:

    It's a good thing we have no idea where the mind goes when the body's in a coma. All Jenner knows is that he's not in heaven, his companion is no angel . . . and he's her punishment.

    Best of luck with your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leisha, thank you! :) I'm thrilled to be here, too. <3

    Chantele--I love your story! It'll be fun to read the entire book.

    Rebecca, I agree with you. Maybe we can whip up a beta-reading group? I love the sounds of everyone's book, too! Btw, thank you! I'll keep you in mind once I'm done with my final edits! :)

    Wow, Amber, that sounds scary. Poor Trunker. I'd love to read it when you're done with the edits (or are you?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No edits yet. I just finished writing it a month or so ago. It's my first novel-length manuscript, something I brag about more than I ought to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Amber Girl, you brag all you want about that! Most people that want to write won't ever accomplish that. Just make sure you come back to edit too - it's phase 2 of the growing-as-a-writer-process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amber--hey, brag brag brag! Really. Your first novel-length MS that's finished is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations! What are you planning to do to celebrate? :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome! So excited to read your future posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chersti, thank you! I'm thrilled to be here. I just LOVE the writerly dynamics we have here! <3

    ReplyDelete

What be on yer mind?