Monday, June 13, 2011

Scrabbling Crazy

Ever since my book has been picked up by TreasureLine, I've been scrabbling crazy!

I started my blog June 20, 2009 and Facebook much later than that. I've recently taken on Twitter and LinkedIn. My Goodreads has been something I've been doing since my blog started. My website is fairly new thing as well. On top of that, I have about 8 other blogs I'm working on, but have slowed down on a few. Me thinks it's time to cut back.

But here's this:

I've been taking on some grand things that I haven't taken on before. For the month of July,
I've been setting up interviews like crazy for writers' characters. The 24th is a blogfest for Main Characters, hosting several giveaways for the blogfest as well as MC interviews.

I've also been working on a pre-book launch party for Darkspell this coming July. This basically consists of about 17 bloggers who are interviewing me or holding me as their guest. I'm still reviewing the questions I've answered to make sure I make sense--I'm not sure if I do anymore!

Then I need to keep up my appearances on all my social networks as well.

I'm going stir crazy! But I feel that this is my fate, this is what I need to do to get my name out there.

I'm keeping myself busy during the wait. The wait. You know, when the publisher's editor is making all the wrongs in the book into rights?

I know there are lots of blogs out there for aspiring authors--rightly so. But I would love to hear how it is for a bumbling, scrabbling debut author.

Any volunteers?


♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not rep'd or about to be published but I wanted to say Congrats on the book. I wish you every success. You do sound busy. I've been busy constructing a platform for my writing also. It's gruesome but fun at the same time. I have no words of wisdom to offer - I'm trying to have the same problem you have. LOL I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice though. Good luck. Can't wait to read the book - I LOVE paranormal romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People take very different approaches to their careers. You clearly are willing to do a ton of self promotion and publicity, which can only help your sales. The most important thing to remember, though, is that the best thing you can do for your writing career is keep writing. It's not about any one book, it's about a body of work. Each publication is one brick in the overall structure. Sometimes the work you put into publicity translates into sales, but if it doesn't, don't fret. Take the long view. This is only the beginning.

    And make sure to be very active in the editing process. Your contract should allow you to have the final say in edits, and this is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, it is insane, isn't it?

    Emily, thank you, those are wonderful words to hear. I'm taking an editing course right now and it feels SO good to 'reconnect' with my writerly side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I'm enjoying the peaceful, non-pressured existence of a non-agented, non-contracted, freelance autho, so I don't know what I can contribute to this discussion. I've seen a few friends sucked into the whirlwind, watched their critique groups collapse and social lives dwindle, but then they re-emerge as happily published authors. Hang in there! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you (not for all the time constraints or craziness), but for everything else. How long until your release date?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, like Rebecca said, the whirlwind will ease up and you'll come out victorious. :)

    ReplyDelete

What be on yer mind?