Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Club 4 Boys!

As a writer, I'm always interested in ways to encourage the next generation of readers, so I was thrilled to find out one of my Laie neighbors, Laura Blum, has launched a blog devoted to book club ideas for boys. Click here to take a look.

She's also giving away a free kindle for new followers - check it out!

The site includes book club ideas with treats, book club ideas with field trips, book club ideas to use with cub scout activities, and book club ideas for books with movies.

I'm signing my boys up.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for the link! I'm totally adding this to my next Notes from the E-Revolution post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! It's fantastic to see people reaching out and getting kids to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I'm home. I love writing for boys, mainly because I have 2 out of my 4 kids which are male. And my oldest hops between reading and playing video games. But he gives me great ideas for my writing and he even writes a bit himself. My oldest said he doesn't like to shop for books in the kid section because - well he doesn't see many for him on sale. That's why I end up doing a lot of my perusing for 'boy' or male pov books on blogs and amazon. Thanks for starting this site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rebecca! It's good to see a great reading promotion idea for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just awarded your blog the Liebster Blog award. Come over and have a look - http://fionajphillips.blogspot.com/2011/09/somebody-loves-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very cool! I'll check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

What be on yer mind?